- Install the "Indic input Extension" from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3972/
- Notice the small box on the bottom of firefox that says "Default Input"
- Go to http://te.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Configuring_on_Linux and read about various ways of inputting telugu characters
- If you can touch type fast in English, I suggest you choose "తెలుగు - RTS" option to write telugu characters
- use "ctrl+space" to alternate writing in English and Telugu.
The following screenshot shows how to select "తెలుగు - RTS" and search for documents containing "తెలుగు" in them.